Monday, August 8, 2011

my mommy.

there is no time like momma time.

i am one blessed girl.
i got to spend 15 whole days with my mom.
i got to introduce her to this place that i love so much.
i got to spend hours talking and telling stories,
and just filling her in on the little, unimportant details of my day to day that just can't be shared on weekly skype dates.

i enjoyed so much seeing her love on the kids that have taken up such a special place in my heart.


what a joy to introduce her to those that i have been loving and praying for for years and years and years...the ones who are so important to me.


and what fun it was for us to get to take this little one for her second excursion outside of masi. to get to watch her take in the sites outside the car window and to see the utter joy on her face as we pulled up to the crashing waves and sparkling blue ocean.


and how priceless were the hours of walking along the beach, talking and, of course, if you know my mother, picking up seashells.


i never pick up seashells, but since she went home i have found my self finding the most amazing seashells. i am starting quite a collection.


there is just something so restful about being around my mom. i think it is the comfort and security of being around someone who loves me so fully and unconditionally. my mom always laughs because i get so sleepy when i am with her. its just that i can let my guard down with her. its just so nice to be around a momma's love.

oh how i love that mommy of mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment