Sunday, April 4, 2010

david watson teaching!

"Look at the nations and watch--and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told.
habakuk 1:5
Two weeks ago we had an exciting week in CPx! On Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday we had a guest teacher, David Watson, who is the founder of a church planting organization that is seeing tremendous amounts of fruit all over the world. In 14 years they have seen over 5 million people baptized and functioning in simple churches. In Africa alone they have seen 10, 037 simple churches planted in just 5 years. Needless to say, it was a stirring week full of new insights, strategy and methods for church planting. Here are some highlights from the teachings:

-The thing I love about his teachings is that not only did he present a method but he conveyed so beautifully the heart behind church planting.
-He emphasized that no one wants our religion, but the thing I have to offer is my connection, communion and relationship with the living God. It is about living wholeheartedly for the Kingdom in a way that transcends the intimate places of my life and spills out into every area, and into my relationships with those who don’t know the goodness of Jesus.
-One of the things I loved was the way he described “ministry.” He defined it as the church answering the prayers and cries of the lost and those in need. It is about loving and caring for people. Meeting people where they are. This is the call of every follower of Jesus. To constantly be answering people’s prayers, looking for ways to love people tangibly.
-His method is focused on planting churches that are self replicable. It is about taking the focus off of the church planter and onto the raising up indigenous leaders, through empowering them to be the leader of groups even from the beginning.

My eyes have truly been opened to so much and I really feel forever changed by all that I have learned this past week. If you want to hear more, email me! I would love to share more in depth with you!




MUCH LOVE!



whit

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the quote about ministry....so beautiful. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete