Saturday, June 25, 2011

the sheep of His pasture.

i love these kids, our sweet VC kids.


i love that the Father has entrusted us with these beautiful children. 'the least and the looked over,' most would call them. but they are His special ones. 'the vulnerable and the oppressed,' most say. but they are His royal children made for greatness. they are the sheep of his pasture. and he has entrusted them to us. it truly is an honor.


during one of our weekly kids club gatherings a month or so ago, i began to feel a bit discouraged thinking, 'what are we even doing? are we making a difference at all in their lives?'

i felt the Father answer me immediately...


"YES. take heart. i have set these kids apart to grow up in my care." he gave me a picture of a flock of sheep, safely dwelling in the Shepherd's pen. i felt the Lord encouraging me that these kids have been chosen and set apart. we are laying foundations and sowing good seeds that will shape their lives. we are surrounding them with love, care, prayer and truth. we are defending the cause of these orphans and abandoned ones. and they are being protected by the Good Shepherd. they are being lifted up and made radiant by the King of Kings.


praise the LORD, oh my soul! so thankful for the Father's heart for these little ones, His royal children, and that he has trusted me to love and care for them.

1 comment:

  1. Whitney, I am sitting here on a rainy Sunday in San Antonio. Your blog has inspired me so much. I just recently started a bible study, BSF. We will pray for you, the children, and families in Africa. May you continue to bring others to Jesus. I miss you sweet Friend!

    ReplyDelete