Monday, October 3, 2011

zimbabwe or bust!

The big news for the month is that I will be returning to...
ZIMBABWE!
(for a week, Oct. 20-27th)

As you might know, I spent two months last year in Chinotimba, a vibrant community in Zim, during the outreach phase of the church planting school. Since the day I left I have been praying and hoping for an opportunity to go back and visit all the wonderful people I met, and to encourage the house churches that my team and I planted while we were there. The time has finally come! Mike and Kalyn are taking a small team to visit Munya, the leader of the All Nations church plant. He is an incredible church planter and has started a movement in Chinotimba that has caught like wildfire! They have dozens and dozens of house churches that have been planted in this past year alone! This means they have dozens and dozens of house church leaders who need to be encouraged and stengthened! That is where we come in. We are going for a five days to pour into these leaders! I will also get to connect and spent time with all my friends from last year. We will also spend two days in a nearby All Nations church plant in Zambia encouraging that team as well. We leave the 20th and return the 27th of October.

I feel so blessed that the Lord would open the door for me to go back to Zim! I am really believing that the Father will continue to provide all the funds I need for this trip. I have some money saved that will cover much of my $500 plane ticket, but visas are very expensive for Zambia and Zimbabwe (and I have to have one for each country!)
If you would like to give toward this trip, I would be beyond blessed!*


*You can make checks out to All Nations and attach a note that says "Preferred for Whitney Caldwell" and mail to:
All Nations Family, Inc
c/o Walsh Washburn
5360 College Boulevard Ste. 100
Overland Park, KS 64030

I am eagerly awaiting being reunited to baby Jeff and to the brothers and sisters/spiritual sons and daughters God has graciously given me in the beautiful nation of Zimabwe!

1 comment:

  1. Oh friend! How amazing is our God?!?! Dozens of house churches...love it! And love the last pic of the little one in the bucket!

    ReplyDelete