Thursday, February 24, 2011

wholehearted devotion




Every Wednesday morning our team crams into our tiny prayer shack in Masi for our weekly prayer gathering. We long for heaven to invade earth, for the glorious Kingdom of Light to flood Masi, driving out the darkness and pain. We cry out for chains to be broken, lives to be healed and hearts released to rejoice in their Father! As we gathered to pray this week, there was a stirring in my heart to pray for people who will WHOLEHEARTEDLY seek God and give him their hearts. God is faithful. ALL the time. Even when we are so unfaithful. Even when we don't choose him and we run after other lovers. God is faithful. My heart was crying out that all of his people, myself included, would no longer have divided hearts, but that with wholehearted pursuit we would seek the One who loves us always.

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13


CRAZY WEEK! Update on life here from the past week and half:

  • Beach day on Saturday with 30 friends from Masi! it was a wonderful success. So much laughter and joy. New friendships formed and people getting connected to community. Perfect weather. We couldn't have asked for a better time! See pics below! :)
  • God is answering our prayers! We have had a handful of men within All Nations step up to partner with us to see our older boys mentored! These guys need role models. This is truly a fatherless generation...but God is raising up a new generation of faithful, loving, pure men!
  • I am continuing to get connected to more VC families, kids and women. Building friendship, heart connections, insight into needs. I am getting more and more excited about the possibilities!
  • Busy week in the All Nations office! One of the areas that I am serving All Nations (on the admin/logistical side of things) is I am heading up the team that puts on our monthly celebrations (a time when we gather everyone in the All Nations family/network). It is quite a big job! This Sunday is our first of the year...so I have been running around getting things ready!
  • I have spent a large portion of my week trying to get my car registered (ahhh!). It has been QUITE the process! I have been feeling frustrated that I have to spend time doing this...but today while my car was in the shop getting a required tune-up, I was carless all day. There were a million things I needed to do and I was just stuck waiting on other people to give me rides. I suddenly realized how thankful I am for my car!!! I AM SO BLESSED TO HAVE IT!!!
  • This Friday, several people on our VC team have the wonderful opportunity to attend a workshop where we will be trained in how to facilitate groups to mentor girls in living a pure lifestyle! So excited! :)

beach day with friends from Masi! look at all those kids soaking up the fun!

the minute the kids hit the beach, they took off running for the water! Even thought the water was FREEZING they were fearlessly swimming and splashing in it all afternoon!
'
Lunch time at the beach :) We brought sandwiches and fruit for a picnic on the beach!

so fun to be able to connect with new friends!

a brother and sister having fun together!

thanks for reading! :) happy weekend!

with love,
whit










1 comment:

  1. love this post...love your aches for His heart's aches. love you Whitney!!

    ReplyDelete